2.02.2015

FLASK MOB LA


         
           I think the word inspired is an understatement. It's not an appropriate word to describe how I feel. What's better than inspired? Perhaps motivated? I dont know but I'm feeling it. Being surrounded by like minded individuals is literally all it takes to rise your spirits. Last night we experienced Flask Mob for the first time. You might have heard about it on the news being described as a riot or a "flash mob" *insert laughing emoji here*. It was nothing like that, it was sooooo far from that. It was literally a bunch of photographers/photography enthusiast coming together for epic shots, some old fashion networking and drinks. It basically was a huge photography meet up.  Flask Mob originates from the bay area, where it's been more successful and was organized by him and her . The meet up in LA was right across from Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory and the Sixth Street Viaduct. I believe the turn out was about 300+ people. The crowd was full of really nicely dressed people carrying cameras and tripods. There was fire blowers, classic cars, and steel wool spinners. A very perfect scenario for a street photographer. We were definitely not prepared for the shit that went down. First of all, none of us even had a camera. The fact that there was so many epic photo opportunities has made me desperate to get my hands on a nice camera ASAP. You can't look at pictures taken at that event and not feel inspired. You should check out their instagram or even the hashtags! We ended up leaving a few hours before the event was officially shut down by LAPD. The police in LA really don't mess around. The moment the walk started they were already waiting for us at the end of the bridge.
               I knew that if we went there would be two possible outcomes : 1. Frustrated about not having a proper camera and leaving with a very negative attitude or 2. motivated to keep making stuff with what I have.
               Luckily, it's outcome number 2. It's motivated me to keep blogging and making videos but it's also made me want to work harder to get to the point I've always wanted to be in. Next time we attend Flask Mob hopefully I'll have a Canon in hand along with a dope flash. Meanwhile, my decent iPhone photography will have to suffice. They aren't amazing but I want y'all to see what our night consisted of!

Carolina x

edit : check out this article for more details on the night and some truly badass photos.