
I've been in a funk for the last couple of days and I don't know how to get out of it. I don't feel sad or anything like that. Believe it or not I feel nostalgic. And I don't even know why. Or for what. I've only ever experienced nostalgia once. It was terrible because to this day I'll never be able to come close to reliving that day again but I guess that's how nostalgia works, right? Anyway, that's not the point.
Awhile back I listened to Montana by Youth Lagoon and it made me feel things? I'm not even sure how to explain it. It's just that I'd never had a single song make me feel anything like that. I mean, yes, music usually has that type of effect on people but this was different.
It's odd. Montana makes me feel nostalgic for places I've never been to and people I haven't met yet.
How's that even possible?
Every time I listen to it, it's a nostalgic experience. It's a dreamy tune. I imagine myself laying in a field while the sun is setting (note: In this daydream crickets and grasshoppers don't exist) and I'm at peace. I don't even think the song is related to nostalgia but that's how I feel when I listen to the song and that's how I feel now. Actually, I think it's about death.
Anyway, It's almost like I'm nostalgic for the future? Maybe I'm excited for the future? Or maybe hopeful for the future?
I don't know. I need to get out of this funk.
Whatever, just listen to this. Experience it.