6.14.2015

PALMA VIOLETS

Palma Violets 

Palma Violets 

Public Access T.V

Palma Violets

Public Access T.V  ( Xan in the trench coat)
It has been 3 concerts later and I think its time for me to share our experience.
If any of you haven't heard of Palma Violets you haven't been living. The British Band released their debut Album, 180, February of 2013. And ever since their exposure in LA I have tried to make it to every show I can. So the moment I heard they were coming to LA I immediately texted Carolina with a screen shot of the tickets I had just purchased. Yes I got us both our tickets because that is how much I believe in this band. (lol) I couldn't let Carolina or money get me out of this one! The only set back though, was that it was on a Wednesday night and the venue was in Echo Park which is like reeeeaallly far from Long Beach for Carolina to drive. So we took an Uber (of course)
Chilli Jesson
Backstory: Last time we saw P.V we were the first ones to get to the venue therefore we got a really good view (; and I wasn't about to have a sucky experience this year so I skipped my last two classes and rushed over to Echo Park.  And let me tell you we got a GREAT view( the photos say it all) I think the bassist is so damn cute so I prompted myself right in front of him. Now the good looks of the band members aren't the only reason I am so keen to making it front row. Listening to this band live is all an experience on its own. I believe the reason this band made it is because they're so darn good live! In their interviews they mention they've never had an online presence until after they were signed. It reminds you of how effective word of mouth is to this day.
Anyways fast forward to June 5, yes we saw them again. They had just released their sophomore album, Danger in the Club, and I was not going to miss hearing them play it live.  Plus we are now in summer break so we had the whole day to ourselves, no homework or skipping of classes this time. We decided to make it a metro adventure because Uber would have been too expensive. When we finally arrived at the last stop we realized we were in the heart of Downtown LA and I guess we were mesmerized by the towering buildings that we started walking the opposite direction. When we discovered our mistake we decided to continue in the general direction of the venue and ended up taking a very unnecessary route. When we reached the venue we were too exhausted to look for a restaurant so we ordered a pizza. THE DARN PIZZA ARRIVED 10 MINUETS BEFORE THEY OPENED THE VENUE DOORS. So we stood outside stuffing our faces with pizza like maniacs, we even started handing out pizzas to people in line! (always make friends by providing food, it works every time) The show was great like always, but the best part was not the concert but what was happening during it. Carolina was standing behind me to get a better camera angle (she's taller she doesn't have to stand in the front *insert eye roll*) but as the band was getting ready to perform she met some people, and it turns out these people are great. They are truly experienced concert go-ers they know all the good spots. *wink wink* Anyway, Carolina befriended them as they were gushing over their amazing encounters. And I guess they had a great impression because after the concert they saw we were getting ready to leave and they offered us a ride, WARNING NEVER RIDE WITH STRANGERS, but these were different kind of strangers. I think these are the kind of strangers who help you during a zombie apocalypse. They honestly seemed so genuine we did not get any sketchy vibes, I mean c'mon we were going to take an Uber FORGAWDSAKES. As we were arranging our plans guess who just happens to be walking by, motherfucking Alex Turner just waltzes into the venue and not only 3 minuets later he walks right out, He stopped to take a few photos and headed back to a bar. Apparently all the rockstars hang out at this bar. So there you go, we saw Palma Violets for the 3rd time, met great people, and ran into Alex Turner.