10.27.2015

NEW AMERICAN | I DON'T KNOW AND YOU CAN TOO

album cover designed by @oogum_vision
Almost two years ago Alex and I were seniors in high school and were just beginning to discover our love for art and music through a local art gallery. That gallery happened to host an album release party for a band called New American.  I don't remember much of that night except that their performance blew us away and that Alex and I were super excited to post about it on this blog. I'd forgotten that I'd actually written about them until recently when one of the band members of New American told me they read it. I don't recommend that you go that far back *nervous laughter* because what I wrote was embarrassing  not very good.

Anyway, New American has since come out with their second album, 'I Don't Know And You Can Too' and held an album release show at the Long Beach Art Exchange! There was art, two other bands playing (Thy Squid & Mother Rose ) and an abundance of good vibes. I'm no music critic but I'm still going to go ahead and tell you that New American released a hell of a good album. You know what's better than their new album? Listening to it live. I said it before in my old post and I'm gonna say it again; New American knows how to give a really good live show. There's something about this band that really moves the crowd. I mean, I stood next to a girl that knew every single word to one of their songs. I think that's a big deal for a local band! Not every band, including the 'popular'' ones, know how to give a top-notch live performance so it's definitely something to take pride in. All in all it was a fun show. Even the friends I took with me (that'd never listened to any of New American's songs) left the show as big fans.

You can find New American on Facebook, give them a listen on Spotify or purchase their new album here! And keep a look out for future tour dates to get to witness their great live performance.

More soon,

Carolina


Listen for yourself!